The physicians and staff of Oregon Urology Institute are saddened to announce the passing of Dr. Robert B. Litin on June 23rd. Dr. Litin had fully retired from practice only in 2012, continuing to see patients in a consultative role through the latter part of his long and distinguished career. Dr. Litin believed firmly in physician collegiality, community support of both his colleagues and his patients, and was uniformly beloved by both staff and patients for his sense of humor, his skill, and his willingness to be available at almost any time and any place to assist a patient in need. Dr. Litin moved to Eugene in 1959 to join Dr. Robert "Dutch" Donohue and Dr. Ken Blundon in what at that time was the oldest urologic practice in continuous operation on the west coast. He would later be joined by fellow Mayo alumnus Dr. Richard W. McDuffie, Jr., and Dr. Peter W. Bergreen. In addition to being a superbly trained and highly respected urologist, Dr. Litin was very active in supporting organizations devoted to the betterment of both physicians and patient care. He was a past Chief of Staff at Sacred Heart General Hospital in Eugene, President of the Northwest Urologic Society, President of the Lane County Medical Society, and active in that organization’s physician support network until very recently. Dr. Litin believed and lived the philosophy that taking the best care of patients possible was its own reward, and that doing so defined the success of a medical practice. This spirit lives on in the physicians of Lane County, and serves as legacy to his career. The Oregon Urology Institute send its heartfelt condolences to Dr. Litin’s two daughters, Melissa and Allison.
Click here to see a slideshow of Dr. Litin through the years