Before you leave Oregon SurgiCenter, you will be given written instructions for your care at home. Please follow these instructions to ensure that your recovery is as quick as possible:
- Follow your physician's orders regarding diet, rest, medication and activity. Unless directed otherwise, you should begin your diet with clear liquids. In four to six hours you can start to eat solid foods. By the next day, you should be back to your normal diet.
- It’s not unusual to feel a little sleepy, light-headed or dizzy for several hours after surgery. Don’t sign important papers or make significant decisions for at least a 24 hours.
- Don’t drive a vehicle, smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, operate machinery or cook for 24 hours after surgery.
- If you have questions or problems after surgery, please contact your doctor. If it is after hours, please call our main number at (541) 343-1603 and you will be connected to the physician on call.
- A nurse from Oregon SurgiCenter will contact you within a few days to see how you are and to answer any questions