Before your surgery, please follow these instructions carefully:
- If you develop a sore throat, fever, infection or other illness, contact your physician as soon as possible.
- Plan for transportation home after surgery. A family member or friend must accompany you upon discharge and stay with you for 24 hours.
- Don’t eat or drink after midnight the night before your procedure.
- If you haven’t been contacted 48 hours before your procedure, please call the surgery center at 541-343-1603 for specific instructions.
- If you do not follow these instructions, we may have to cancel and reschedule your surgery.
Knowing what to expect when you’re scheduled to have surgery can put your mind at ease and make you feel more comfortable. We’ve developed a series of videos to help you prepare for your procedure. Check them out below, and feel free to contact us at any time if you have questions about your surgery.
FAQ: How do I know if I have a urinary tract infection?
FAQ: Should my driver stay at the facility during my procedure?
FAQ: When will I be able to speak with my doctor after my procedure?
FAQ: Why do I need to have someone with me for 24 hours after surgery?
FAQ: Will I receive any prescriptions for pain or antibiotics?
FAQ: Cystoscopy and trus biopsy preparation
FAQ: When can I return to work?
FAQ: Will my stent hurt like this the whole time?
FAQ: When is it mandatory to have a driver?